Back at it again, this time for the first edition for the 2022 season. The material below isn’t meant to convince you of anything. It’s not presented to make a case for or against any player or coach.
The season is now in full swing and their are many unexpected outcomes so far. The information contained below is primarily focused on what has transpired through the first six weeks of the season. Use these tidbits as you see fit to construct opinions like a collage of various interesting ephemera.
As you ponder, stitch, and glue your masterpiece (or for some of us, disappointment) together, always remember, a great man once said,
“There are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics.”
Now onto the material.
2022 4th quarter team scoring
- Jets 11.3 points per game
- Saints 10.0 points per game
- Arizona 9.3 points per game
- Detroit 8.6 points per game
- Minnesota 8.5 points per game
- 32nd Titans 0 points
Daniel Jones and the Giants lead the league with four come-from-behind wins this season
Jalen Hurts is on pace for 830 rushing yards and 17 rushing touchdowns
Jalen Hurts is on pace for 4,290 passing yards, 17 passing touchdowns, and 6 interceptions
Khalil Herbert is averaging 6.4 yards per carry
Khalil Herbert has 272 rushing yards after contact on 63 carries, David Montgomery has 246 rushing yards total on 62 carries.
Austin Ekeler is on pace for 116 receptions this season
- That would tie the record for receptions in a season by a running back, set in 2019 by Christian McCaffrey
No team has beaten all five “bird” franchises in a single season
- The Saints have an opportunity to do it this year. They beat the Falcons in Week 1 and the Seahawks in Week 5. They play the Cardinals in Week 7, the Ravens in Week 9, and the Eagles in Week 17
The Denver Broncos defense had 65 quarterback pressures between Week 5 and Week 6
Through six games this season Justin Fields has more completions of 10+ yards than he does completions of 10 or fewer yards
Justin Herbert’s 57 passes without a touchdown in Week 6 were the most completions by a quarterback in a win without a touchdown in NFL history
Matt Ryan has 11 fumbles in six games this season
- He is on pace for 31 fumbles this year
- That would be 8 more fumbles then the current record in a season
Matt Ryan is on pace for 20 interceptions this season
Matt Ryan’s pace of 51 turnovers this season is 16 more than the current record for most turnovers in a season by a player of 35 set by Brett Favre in 2005.
- Ryan’s pace of 31 fumbles alone would tie him for third on the list for turnovers in a season
Matt Ryan is on pace for 717 passing attempts this season, which would rank third all-time in the NFL
The Ravens are one of 40 teams to hold a double digit lead in their first six games of a season, of those teams they are the only one to have a losing record after the first six weeks of the season
The Broncos defense has allowed six touchdowns so far in 2022
The Eagles lead the league with a +12 turnover differential
- The Vikings and Ravens are tied for second at +4
The receiver with the most yards on the New York Giants is Richie James, he has 182 receiving yards this season
Detroit has allowed the most points through six weeks this season, they have played five games
The Chargers have run more than third down plays than any team in the league this season
The Giants have been losing by 10 points or more in four games this season. Their record in those games is 3-1
The Falcons win in Week 6 was the first time as a head coach that Arthur Smith has won a game by more than one score (9 points or more)
Quarterbacks with the highest pressure rates this season
- Justin Fields 13.4%
- Daniel Jones 9.5%
- Matt Stafford 8.8%
- Russel Wilson 8.7%
- Jameis Winston 8.7%
Their Touchdown to Interceptions rate while being pressured
- Fields 0.87
- Jones 2.50
- Stafford 0.75
- Wilson 1.67
- Winston 0.80
Christian McCaffrey has 24 games with 50+ yard rushing and 50+ yards receiving good for second in NFL all-time
- Marshall Faulk is first with 41 games
- Alvin Kamara has 15 games, ranking second amongst active players
Lamar Jackson leads quarterbacks in rushing yards this season with 451
- Jalen Hurts is second with 293 yards
- Justin Fields is third with 282 yards
- Josh Allen is fourth with 257 yards
- Daniel Jones is fifth with 236 yards
Lamar Jackson has the fourth most rushing yards of any player in the league this year
Lamar Jackson is on pace for 1,278 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns
Geno Smith leads the league with a 73.4 percent completion percentage
- Matthew Stafford is second with 71.1 percent
- Tua Tagovailoa is third with 69.6 percent
- Daniel Jones is fourth with 67.3 percent
- Tom Brady and Matt Ryan are tied for fifth with 67.2 percent
Zach Ertz is on pace for 145 targets, 99 receptions, 847 yards receiving, and 6 touchdowns this season
In the last four weeks Rhamondre Stevenson has 376 yards rushing. This is third overall behind Nick Chubb’s 421 yards and Saquon Barkley’s 380 yards
- In these four weeks Stevenson has 3 rushing touchdowns and 14 receptions for 80 yards receiving
Nick Chubb is the top running back in standard scoring and the third ranked running back in PPR leagues this season while playing on only 53 percent of offensive snaps
Austin Ekeler is the top running back in PPR scoring and the third ranked running back in standard scoring while playing on only 57 percent of offensive snaps
Saquon Barkley is second in scoring in both formats and Christian McCaffrey is fourth in scoring in both formats. Both players have played on 85 percent of their teams offensive snaps
Bailey Zappe is the first rookie to ever win both of their first two starts while finishing with a 100+ passer rating
Mark Andrews has run 196 routes this year and has not pass blocked once
Patrick Mahomes had five passing touchdowns in Week 1
- Daniel Jones and Russell Wilson have five passing touchdowns through six games
- Baker Mayfield and Justin Fields have four passing touchdowns through six games
Josh Allen is on pace for 5,610 yards passing, 48 passing touchdowns, and 11 interceptions
- He is on pace for 728 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns
Tyreek Hill is on pace for the 142 receptions and 1986 yards receiving, both would be career highs for him
Stefon Diggs is on pace for 184 targets, 139 receptions, 1859 yards receiving, and 17 receiving touchdowns. All would be career highs for him.
Mike Evans has 358 yards receiving and three touchdowns in five games this year
- He is on pace for 1,146 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns this season.
- He is on pace to have over 1,000 yards receiving for all nine years of his career
- He is on pace to have 8+ receiving touchdowns for the fifth year in a row
In the six games this season Mike Williams has had 113 or more yards receiving in three games and 17 yards or less receiving in three games
In the last three weeks Breece Hall has 55 carries for 279 yards rushing and three touchdowns
- In those three weeks he has been targeted 10 times and has six receptions for 117 yards with zero touchdowns
- In these weeks Hall was stopped at the one yard line twice. Michael Carter got two touchdowns from these
In the last four weeks David Njoku has 29 targets, 23 receptions, 308 yards receiving and one touchdown
- Njoku is on pace for 99 targets, 76 receptions, 983 yards receiving, and three receiving touchdowns
Travis Kelce leads the league in red zone targets with 16, red zone receptions with 11, and red zone touchdown receptions with 7
- Ja’Marr Chase is second in targets with 15, tied for second in receptions with 10, and tied for seventh with three touchdown receptions
- Davante Adams is third in targets with 14, tied for fourth in receptions with seven, and tied for seventh with three touchdown receptions
Joe Mixon has 10 carries inside the five yard line, he has one touchdown
- Jamaal Williams has nine carries inside the five yard line, he has four touchdowns
- Derrick Henry has five carries inside the five yard line, he has four touchdowns
- Jalen Hurts has 10 carries inside the five yard line, he has five touchdowns
Trevor Lawrence completion percentage in 2021, 59.6 percent, completion percentage in 2022 65.5 percent
- Lawrence is on pace for 575 attempts, 377 completions, 3958 passing yards, 26 touchdown passes, and 11 interceptions
Target share leaders
- CeeDee Lamb 32.4%
- Cooper Kupp 31.7%
- Drake London 31.4%
- Tyreek Hill 29.4%
- Davante Adams 29.2%
Taysom Hill is the third tight end in standard scoring and eighth tight end in PPR scoring this season despite having 1 target, 1 reception, 2 yards receiving, and 0 receiving touchdowns
What was your favorite fact? Got anything we missed? Let us know in the comment box below!
If you like our work and would like to support us, there are many ways you can help! The easiest is simply to spread the word. Follow us on Twitter and share this article and our site and content on social media, with your leagues, and with your friends. You’ll find a button to “Share This Post” below.
If you would like to contribute financially, first-and-foremost thank you, we’ve configured a PayPal button below to make financial support possible. Any support is greatly appreciated, and helps us to continue providing you with high quality content and utilities. Again, thank you.
During the season, we release Weekly Player Rankings, suggested Waiver Targets, and more. Be sure to check out all of our In-Season Content weekly!
We’re always releasing more Off-Season Content, including: Scouting Reports on the top college prospects year round, Player Research during draft season, and more!
Looking to learn more? Check out all of our Knowledge Base content where you’ll find everything from Information for Beginners, to more in-depth information and Fantasy Strategies!
Looking for utilities to assist your teams? Take a look at our Trade Calculator, Trade Architect, Team Evaluator, or League Analyzer! Want to know how we come up with our player values? Take a look at the Utilities page.
Our featured photo is brought to you by Andy Lyons / Getty Images. Number formatting was based on code supplied by Collin Smith.
A fantasy football degenerate with an extreme love for the game. The only position Sam has ever played in any form of competitive football is armchair quarterback.
An affinity for football and watching games together was a part of growing up for him and his three brothers. 30 plus years as a Vikings fan has made him a glutton for punishment and a believer that he can do something his hometown team can’t, put together a championship roster.
Now 22 years into his fantasy football general manager career he is here to offer insight, advice, and the same hope for championships that he desperately clutches to for his Purple People Eaters.